Sunday, June 26, 2011

OV Queen Looking Wonderful This Morning

Spotted the OV Queen while doing my inspection as I hadn't really checked on them for 4 weeks or so, leaving them to do their honey thing. She's got a great brood pattern going on but you won't necessarily think so from the frame in this photo. This frame is in the top box and the empty cells have been filled with nectar.

Even though she was a surprise queen, she's doing great. The hive is just full of bees and there are currently 6 frames of honey nearly all capped. Looks like I'll have a nice honey harvest for my first year! :-)

I am feeling good about both hives and enjoyed my time with them this morning. As I was closing up the OV hive I spotted these two beautiful bright orange pieces of pollen and couldn't resist taking one last photo. All's well in the apiary today!

No comments:

Post a Comment