Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Birth of AccoBee

My interest in beekeeping started many years ago when I was in high school. A boyfriend's father kept bees and it was there I learned how gentle these creatures truly are and first tasted honey so light and wonderful. But we all well know that over time and circumstance we set aside certain desires to get on with the business of life. I satisfied my interest in bees to enjoying the time spent at an observation hive at local fairs.

This past spring two co-workers started their own hives and I was an eager student of their progression. Thanks to a summer swarm, I readily jumped at the opportunity to re-hive the bees guided with sage advice by another co-worker and her husband (who used to keep bees). Unfortunately, the swarm moved on before they could be captured but my mind was set!

I am to become a beekeeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment